Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Robe Series Part 1

I'm trying something new this time. I moved my easel into the front room; I get such great light in there. I bought a kimono style robe in Memphis years ago and and finally getting around to painting it. I bought the darn thing thinking I would paint a series using it, and finally I am.  This is the first in the series - I think there will probably be 5 or so more. I didn't mean for these to be self-portraits, but then I *needed* to paint something. I needed to paint these now, rather than wait until I could get someone else to pose, so here I am.  

I am also trying to blog the progress of the painting rather than one big post at the end.  We'll see how it goes.


The Set up
The set up in the front room

1st robe painting sketch
The sketch

1st robe painting sketch with background
The background is on

1st robe painting sketch with background
The background

Close up 1
Close up

No comments: